Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Eventhough finals have been over for a week I've kept myself very busy: I have two jobs. In the mornings I guide the felons of Denver County through the arraingment process in courtroom 12T pictured above.


In the evenings I count pennies for rich folks at the firm. I've been staying late lately trying to bill as much as I can before Christmas. This is a picture out of my office window at about 5:30.


The undergrad girls through a party last night. "D," the girl on the right just got back from New Zealand and Fiji. It's summer there she says, and when the moon rises it's big and orange and looks like the sun. I wouldn't mind seeing that for myself someday.


This Christmas Tree display at the Denver County Courthouse is a violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution. The 1st clearly states that the government is prohibited from Establishing a religion. The caselaw says the government is prohibited from endorsing one religion over another. Christmas trees endorse Christianity. Conservatives might argue that the Christmas tree isn't nearly as "Christian" as a baby Jesus manger scene. And while I agree that Christmas trees do seem to be more sybolic of a pagan winter celebration, it's hard to ignore the fact that it's called a "Christ-mas" tree. Basically I Christ-tree. It's a symbol of Christianity on display on a public building which suggests that our government endorses Christianity and Jesus and all that, and it should be taken down. Sorry. You like freedom? Then deal with it. After I took this picture I met one of the hottest girls I've ever met in my life. She's a trial attorney at the Public Defenders. It makes me die a little inside knowing that she is completely out of my league.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Tim Finnagain said...

She's not out of your league. And if she thinks she is, then she's way below you.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Catfish Vegas said...

Pursue her anyway.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home