Sunday, January 01, 2006

Before Z, Smelly and I got to the juggle farm we stopped off at the Hagan's for some provisions. Smelly had told me a few days earlier about how they get a lot of there food out of trashcans behind the store. I was suspicious of this activity and wanted to see it for myself. So we pulled around back and smelly said "well if we're going to do it we're going to do it" and they set to doing it. I helped too and found a real decent head of lettuce. It really is amazing how much perfectly good food is thrown away everyday.

Here's vern with kitten. Vern seemed to be the most diligent of all the juggler's. The morning we left he was hammering shingles on the roof so that the rain didn't leak on the juggle area.

Here's the barn. This is were they live and practice. It might look a little run down on the outside but inside there is a wood stove and it is warm an cozy and there are giant padded rings that hang from the ceiling that are used for acrobatics. Oh and there are rockstar chickens in the yard.

"We let the kittens lick our hair and drank our chalky lemonade." -- Andrew Bird

Actually the kittens were brought to the barn to battle the giant rat, however first they must grow and practice their cat skills. In the meantime they are loved for their naivete and soft fur. They are also learning some circus tricks like jumping through hoops.

The jugglers also fashioned this circus net high up in the trees.


I don't know the blondes name but she's Lebn's lady. And that's River upfront. There's a lot more I"d like to say about the juggle farm but you're not going to understand unless you go. It's a wonderful place were sharing and hugs are way of life. They make it look so easy. But on to Portland and the cold wet dark. Here's our New Year's crew waiting for bus. Our tummies are full of facos and jaebos. (Facos=tacos with fake meat. Jaebos=Jaegermeister and Red Bull) Yum! Pictured above left to right: Ms. Geise, Lippy, Mr. Chair, Catfish Vegas, Z and me laying across their laps.

Here's some of us after many drinks. New Year's 2006 was good. It was real good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I didn't realize it was such a big huge reunion. That looks so fun. Real sorry I wasn't there.

A good 2006 was rung in in Paris. I smashed lots of bottles and yelled 'Fuhgeddabboutit' at people and got stopped by a cop for pushing a motorcycle. But it was so much calmer than all that sounds. There was just lots of ... nevermind, I totally Freudian slipped and wrote 'ang' and decided to end the post. I had a good time, and drank a lot, too.

I'm glad to see you're coming around on the eating out of trashcans. Very good, my friend.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home