Sunday, October 30, 2005


I went on a field trip with my oil and gas class last week to an active drilling rig. This particular rig is more than 6000 feet deep. Natural gas prices are very high and climbing right now. Whoever owns this particular well will make millions, as will the owner of the land, the production company, any overriding royalty interest owners, and, of course, the lawyers.
Pretty isn't it? Don't you worry that filthy little pool is lined with plastic.

Here's the gem of the series. Check out injury number three. I think it's my favorite but they're all pretty good. I met some of the guys who work these rigs. Let's just say it's not a job for the delicate. Apparently they start at 21 dollars an hour though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughs* The injury report was great, -especially- the third one. $21 an hour? I don't think I could work there at $50 an hour!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you hit someone with stool multiple times? Doesn't it just kind of splatter after the first hit?

Maybe it was really old and dessicated, more like a stick.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home